Just When You Thought it Was All Over...
I was nearly denied entry to Canada after landing at Vancouver International last night. Nearly three hours and $200 (CA) later, Immigration finally decided I no longer posed a threat to national security. Funny thing is that I've been to Canada, and to Vancouver International at least half-a-dozen times with zero hastily. Convicted trespassers, it seems, are not welcome company with our neighbors to the North.
Two questions worth asking here:
- What threat do minor offenses in the U.S. pose to national security in Canada
- Why did $200 somehow pay down that threat potential? Orwellian injustice? Maybe.
Unless of course those people were looking to make a whole lot of money. For the super rich, Canadian Immigration has crafted whole programs for worry-free passage across the border. I wonder if Ken Lay would have to shell out $200?
1 comment:
I think your ordeal in Vancouver is crap. I know we have to be on the look out for terrorists and all, but why should minor penalties ruin a probably wicked trip.
Post a Comment